1. For NUG to get recognition and support from the international community
2. To protect domestic workers’ rights
3. To provide aid to businesses that support the NUG while penalizing businesses that support the terrorist SAC
4. To align Labour Laws in accordance with democratic standards
5. To end Military Rule
We will work to make sure the International Labour Organization (ILO) and alike will not recognize the SAC but NUG instead. We will also communicate and work with the international community to make sure SAC is held accountable for their crimes. In order to do that, MOL will need assistance from MOFA and MOIC. In collaboration...
1. We will work to make sure the International Labour Organization (ILO) and alike will not recognize the SAC but NUG instead. We will also communicate and work with the international community to make sure SAC is held accountable for their crimes. In order to do that, MOL will need assistance from MOFA and MOIC. In collaboration with international organizations, we will identify businesses owned and/or backed by military affiliates and businesses that support SAC and punish them accordingly. In addition, MOL will do everything in our power to gain international aids financially.
2. We shall not forget that after the February 1 Military Coup, workers started and led anti-coup strikes starting from February 6. While there might be general Labour Laws to protect workers, some employers break those laws and workers receive unfair treatments. Especially during this time of terror, inhumane and terrible businesses and employers, who depend on and side with the military, are particularly mistreating workers. Therefore, to protect the rights of the workers to the best of our ability is our urgent priority. Only then, we will gain trust and confidence from the workers and we can speed up the revolution. It is important to provide aid to workers and CDM participants from both government and private sectors who are in this fight. It is also important to make sure we have laws and guidelines in place that would support workers to continue the fight more freely.
3. As the business owners fall under the regulations and guidelines of MOL, it is also our undertaking to make sure they comply. There are many business owners who support NUG. We shall work with them for mutual benefits as well as to reject the military in any way we can. On the contrary, there are also those who support the military and work with them to arrest, abuse, and put pressure on workers who reject the military. We shall identify and reveal them, and take actions to hold them accountable.
4. In the short term, while we are complying with the current Labour Laws, we should identify the laws that are allowing the military to abuse the workers and correct or remove them as necessary. In the long term, we should draft the new laws that are necessary to protect the workers. Minimum wage by industry, minimum wage requirements, minimum wage laws should be established.
5. We will work to connect with international organizations to end Military Rule and to stop all aids to the Junta. In addition, Myanmar workers overseas will also reject the military in any way possible.
6. We shall also work to stop humanitarian aids from flowing to the military and to modify humanitarian laws accordingly.
7. We will also continue to work on the policies and programs that were in place after the military coup and before NUG was founded. We will collaborate with the previous ministers to work on implementing ongoing projects.